- How Does it Work?
1. Customer visits the web site and adds
product to the Shopping Cart. The shopping cart adds the
total of the products, applies tax and shipping rates as
well as any discounts.
2. The checkout process continues when a customer decides
to enter payment. They are taken to a secure area of the
web site that is protected by a SSL Certificate. They enter
their credit card and billing information.
3. The shopping cart sends the information
to the Payment Gateway Provider. The payment gateway
sends the information
to the Merchant Account and receives back either an authorization
code or a "transaction declined" message.
4. The Payment Gateway Provider passes
the authorization code (or declined message) back to
Shopping Cart. The shopping
cart displays a receipt to the customer, or a "problem" message
if the transaction was declined. At this point the credit
card has been “captured” but the customer has
not been billed. All of this information is encrypted with
the SSL Certificate.
5. Merchant receives an email that an order has been authorized
and is waiting to be filled. Merchant fills the order and
then logs into the Shopping Cart and authorizes the billing
of the captured orders.
6. The Shopping Cart sends the capture
request to the Payment Gateway Provider. The payment
gateway sends the
capture request to the Merchant Account. The banks that
issued the customer’s credit cards transfer funds
to the merchant account. The merchant account transfers
the funds to the merchant's Commercial Bank Account.
7. The merchant can access the funds at the Commercial
Bank Account within a few business days.